Charity Car Donation FAQ’s

How do I donate my car?

You can donate your car, truck, motorhome or boat online by clicking here. Simply fill out the online donation formand you will be contacted within two working days to arrange a pickup time.

How quickly can you tow away my car?

It typically takes 2-5 business days after the Kidney Foundation receives your information. It is also possible to request 24 hour pick up service (in most areas) for special circumstances. To assure the best possible service, we ask donors to contact our office if the donated vehicle is not towed away within 3 days Contact us.

Will you take my car? (Condition/Location)

We accept any car that has a clear title, inflated tires, and has not been dismantled/parted out. We can tow your vehicle from almost anywhere. For rural locations, call our office at 1-800-869-5277.

What about the tax deduction?

The tax deduction benefit for donating your car to charity was altered slightly by the IRS in 2005. Please check with a tax professional regarding your personal tax benefit.

The tax deduction generally applies to those who itemize deductions on their 1040 federal tax return. The amount of the tax deduction depends on the actual sale value of the Kidney Kar donation.

You are allowed to claim a fair market value up to $499 unless the vehicle sells $500 or more. If your Kidney Kar donation is sold for more than $500, you can claim the actual sale value as your deduction.

IRS Links for you and your tax advisor:

Why is "Kidney Kars" the #1 choice for car donation?

  • Kidney Kars provides the fastest, most courteous towing service.
  • Kidney Kars gets you a great tax deduction.
  • Kidney Kars is the only charity car donation program endorsed by Governor Jon Huntsman (Utah) and Governor Dirk Kempthorne (Idaho).
  • Kidney Kars has low overhead/administrative costs and gives .87¢ of every dollar raised to LOCAL kidney patients, LOCAL medical research, and LOCAL organ donation efforts.
  • Kidney Kars is the original and most successful car donation program in the entire country.
  • Kidney Kars only contracts with agencies using the highest environmental and recycling practices.

What if I can’t find my title?

If your vehicle is titled in Utah, print and fill out the Application for Duplicate Title from the Utah DMV .
Utah Link: Utah Division of Motor Vehicles.
Call our office if you have questions about how to fill this out. Then provide the $6.00 fee to the National Kidney Foundation of Utah/Idaho.

If your vehicle was titled in another state, we require a replacement title from that state (check the DMV website of that state to find out how to get a replacement title).
Idaho Link: Idaho Division of Motor Vehicles

Please feel free to call our office 9-5 M-F for more specific instructions.